Monday 22 December 2014

GO time

I have entered the Brighton Marathon 2015. I last ran this race in 2011. My time was 4 hours 11 minutes and 47 seconds i think.
This particular blog is where I shall track and log my training.
I have not run since the Adnams 10k in Southwold, back in November. Now, its almost Christmas and I thought it was time to dig out some training plans. I think i'm going with the Hansons plan. It's an 18 week plan which I've already missed the first two weeks of. So today I need to get to it. Last night at a running club social event, I joked that "I'll be fine" and "No need to worry about me". I am now starting to realise that if I want to return to running for fun, training for this marathon could be my route back in. I have always run for fun, not results, bling and PB's. This is what I miss most. Disappearing for a run for a few hours. Running with no agenda.

Excuses:


  • I've just turned 40
  • My knees are sore
  • I am a chef (Long hours on my feet)
  • Married with 3 kids
  • Really poor diet
  • Too laid back
Listing my excuses I usually use. I can change some of these. But I can change how I deal with all of these. 
Let's see how this works out shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment