Saturday 28 March 2015

Should I give up or should I just keep chasing pavements?

Well it looks like I've managed to finally upset my calf. Weeks of tentatively running have come to fruition by way of over exuberant form. Basically overdoing it.
Felt a little tightness in my calf the other day after running with Abby. I was wearing my new shoes, box fresh. The one hour run was too much in new shoes. I usually break them in with general walking with an added 1 or 2 mile run. But I was feeling good. So I thought "why not?". 3 miles in and I knew something was not right. I managed to get home, but that's when the tightness started. I did leave it a good 5 days and the tightness had subsided enough to make me believe it was ok. I thought I'd try a little run (1.5 miles ) to work. Barely a mile in and the stiffness had surpassed the previous feelings. I walked the rest of the way to work and proceeded to sulk.


I am now in for 2 weeks of not running. But I have promised myself that an intensive course of turbo training is in order.


I will be at the start line in Brighton. I will not be defeated. People have completed marathons with a lot less than I have. Their are people in the world who walk that distance for food and water. Surely I can manage it for a glass of prosecco and a doughnut.


We are the privileged few. Run for fun. Miles and smiles. Remember those who can't do what I/we do.




No comments:

Post a Comment